Thursday, October 20, 2005

Rude awakening...

I'm a very very VERY light sleeper. On top of that I have fibromyalgia which affects my sleep even more, so for me 4-5 hours straight sleep is a miracle. I wake up at LEAST 15-20 times a night either from the neighbors porch light shining through every crack in the blinds onto the ceiling above the bed, Randy snoring, any sound out of the ordinary for the middle of the night, or somebody dropped a pin on the floor across the street. That pin thing was an exaggeration, but you get the idea. LOL Typical for FMS, I get my best sleep in the morning hours. For me, 4-7 is my most restful sleep, if I'm still asleep during that time of the morning, that is.


This week my stepson and his buddy are in the area for a week of hunting. Randy has met up with them several times, usually leaving by 5:30-6:00 a.m. so I've been sleeping great after he leaves. Yesterday, I'd had a pretty good sleep the night before--almost a straight 3 hours--when suddenly the SMOKE ALARM goes off!!!!! Still half alseep, I fly out of bed and into my pajama pants and go to the door. No smell of smoke, no sound of flame, no heat on the door....... then it starts that annoying beeping. The stupid battery was going out. I'm stumbling through the dark hallway with my hand over my eyes trying to keep from waking up but still able to fumble around and get a new battery from my stash when Randy comes in and scares the crap outta me. I thought he had left!! I give him the battery and go back to bed. It's about 5:30 now.


I think, oh great, now I'll be awake just waiting for him to leave so I can relax enough to go back to sleep for another hour or so. I baaaaaarely fall asleep when the sound of Christopher's rumbling old farm truck pulls up in front of the house. (Our bedroom faces the street so the truck is right outside the window.) It's now 5:46. So I lay there awake--again--trying to relax enough to sleep and waiting for them to leave. I hear them chattering in the driveway on the way to the shop, then they come in for coffee, then they plant themselves in the kitchen and gab about this area and that one they'll try today, blah blah blah, no hurry up and leave involved at all. Ugh. Eventually (probably all of 10 minutes, but you know how it seems when you're still in that not quite fully awake state and wanting to find the sleep state???) they leave and I finally got that last hour of sleep, but dang, what a way to wake up!!!

God bless the smoke alarm. At least now I know it still works. ;)

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

GOOD MORNING SHAR!!!! (Think Robin Williams saying Good Morning Vietnam - not that I ever saw that movie - but whatever!) Hope your day gets better!! I'm trying to get motivated to do something - anything than just sit here at the computer. THought I was going across the border to get some paper, but decided that I really do have enough paper - at least for another month or so, then if my Michaels doesn't get it, maybe I'll indulge then. Should do some picking up, but don't really feel like it. Should pack for a crop tomorrow - but don't have any idea what I want to work on. I've decided that crops are just for fellowship for me, it's hard to know what to pack. This one is at the new church I am attending, where I don't know if I'll know anyone, but it would be good to get to know people - KWIM? Don't have to cook dinner, 'cause Vince isn't coming home til after his Bible study, so I'm giving him my leftovers from dinner out on Tuesday. Our date didn''t happen last night, we ended up all eating at Mcd's - yum - NOT!! Well, that's my life today. Pretty boring.

Shar said...

Good morning Jen. :) Hey, I read that the Christine Cole slab comes only in 8x8. If you want 12x12 paper, you have to get them individually. Does that help?

Sorry your date turned into a stop a McD's. I'm with you--gross.

I just remembered tonight is my non-cooking night too. Randy has gun club so I'll be having leftovers from last night's dinner and he usually picks up fast food on his way home.

Hope your day "picks up" -- hee hee -- and you can find some motivation. :)

HUGS!

Kip said...

I feel for you Shar as that must be frustrating, not to mention, making you always tired.
I had one of those nights this past week but normally, once I fall asleep, I'm good to go. One of my favorite places to nap in the summer is out in my yard. I hear people talking, mowers going, etc., and it puts me right to sleep, lol! Another thing is put me in anything moving and I'm gone!
So, sleep isn't one of my problems. My ex used to be like you- would wake up at anything and that was a pain for both of us cuz if he was awake, then I had to be too!

crazydarla said...

Well, that sounds like MY sleep last night! LOL I didn't hit the hay till' nearly 1:30am at which point I was still WIDE awake and mananged to fidgit around in bed enuf to wake up dh...so we lay there in bed in the dark chatting till' nearly 3:30am! LOL Poor guy, he had to get up at 6:00! LOL Well, I slept hard after that only to be awoke by the kids arguing and screaming at 7:30 this morn! ack! I had to get up anyway, had things to do... now I have managed to piddle away the ENTIRE morning doing nothing but merely talking on the phone and chatting online! Whoo whoo...LOL I guess I should go find my kitchen sink egh? Have a good day! Dar
PS My email is being funky, so if I don't reply to any I am sorry! Hope it comes back up later!

Shar said...

Morning, Angela!
It's a very lovely day here today, albeit quite cold. But the sky is blue and the sun is shining. :) We had rain yesterday so everything is clean and pretty today.

Enjoy your morning coffee and lots of scrappin' time! :) I'm working no another Halloweeen pb album today. This will be a lot different than the first one.

HUGS!