

This is Gracie in her very first Halloween costume. Cyndi made her black satin dress and we found this tiny witch hat head band that Grace LOVED. Can you tell how PROUD she was when she came to my door?? I thought she would turn inside out when I told her how pretty she was in her new dress. LOL I smile everytime I look at these pictures!! What a precious little witch. :)
Anybody attend Halloween parties over the weekend? Got any plans for tonight? We won't be doing anything special since the kiddies aren't here anymore. I sure miss them! Especially this time of year since it was 2 years ago this month that they moved back "home". :( But we have all the Halloween treat bags made up and ready to hand out should we get some trick or treaters this evening. Each year we've gotten fewer and fewer kids, but I suppose it's much safer these days to have their parties at school and church etc.
Halloween Poll:
1) Do you give out candy/treats of some kind? (edible or non-edible)
2) If so, how much do you buy?
3) About how many trick or treaters do you usually get?
4) Do you dress up when you hand out treats?
Me:
1) Yes
2) I used to get 6 bags and sometimes still ran out, but the past couple of years, I've cut back to 4 and had some left (which is fine with Randy because he takes care of any leftovers. LOL) This year I made up 40 treat bags. When that's gone, the porch light goes off.
3) It's been dwindling each year. I bet we don't get more than 20-25 this year.
4) Not anymore. I used to wear a cat ears headband, long tail and paint my nose and add whiskers.
Edited to add these pics:
This is the costume Gracie will be wearing tonight. :) She is especially fond of the "hoop skirt" that goes underneath her dress. LOL
7 comments:
Oh gosh...those are THE cutest pix! What a lil' dolly girl she is! I love seeing pix of Gracie! Thanks for the smiles! As far as the poll goes... here's mine!
1: We give out treats, some years it is tootsie rolls, other candy bars (mini) or smarties...this year we could only find BlowPops so that's what it is! We only get about 2 bags or so, as fun and decorated as our house is, we dont' get too many kids bc our neighborhood is so 'bad' to be in.
2:see #1
3: We get prolly about 50 or so kids each year? Most are from our Church cuz' the kids LOVE to come see our 'scary' decorations.
4: DH and I don't usually dress up but our oldest ds Chris does and he answers the door and SCARES the kiddies! LOL It is fun! ;O)
Hi Shar,
What cute pics of Gracie! Hope she has a great time and stays dry.
1. As I live out in the country we don't get any kids :(
2. NA
3. NA
4. When I worked at school I always dressed up and stayed that way while handing out candy.
I posted this AM to the post below. Check it out. Hope you are having a great day.
Oh, Shar!!!--what a darling witch face. Aren't grandchildren great? I have five little ghoulies trick-or-treating tonight.
Halloween Poll:
1) Do you give out candy/treats of some kind? (edible or non-edible)
--Oh, yes, lots of candy.
2) If so, how much do you buy?
--DH buys it, I don't know how many bags but, it fills up a BIG iron cauldron.
3) About how many trick or treaters do you usually get?
--I don't know the count, but they come in a solid flow for two straight hours. We have carloads of kids from other areas who come here to trick-or-treat PLUS our neighborhood. We live in a very safe neighborhood and we draw kids from lots of other neighborhoods.
4) Do you dress up when you hand out treats?
--Actually, our whole family goes to my daughters home for a dinner of great Halloween fare. She is serving Chili, Snake sandwiches, pasta salad, chips & dips, and, a pumpkin cake. All five of the grandchildren will go trick-or-treating in her neighborhood. It is a great tradition DD started 4 years ago. Such FUN!!d
We leave our candy in a big iron caulfron on the front porch that is all lit up and, our neighbor will watch it for us. This has worked so far.
I hope you have a great night filled with wonderful witches and ghostly ghouls.
Mae
Darla--how's that chicken soup smelling by now? Yum!!! I just put Robin's crockpot lasagna recipe in to cook. I think I'll make soft breads sticks, with garlic butter of course, to go with it. Gotta put the dough in the bread machine yet.
Cindy--read your reply below and replied back. LOL Thanks for posting. I hope Gracie stays dry tonight too. Princess costumes just aren't as cute with a raincoat over the top of them! LOL
Mae--
What a fun family tradition!! Sounds like a great time getting together on Halloween night. :)
We live in a very safe, tiny community, but we have a lot of schools and churches which have their own parties and celebrations for the kids so going door to door has really slowed over the past few years. The closest neighboring communities are just as safe but quite a distance away so they don't "commute" to our area. We used to get at least 50-75 kids but those days are gone I think.
Have a great time tonight with the family! :)
What a cutie Gracie is!
1) We always hand out tons of candy!
2) I bought 6 Jumbo bags this year that had around 100 pieces in each. 2 bags of each: Laffy Taffy, Blow Pops, and Spree/SweeTarts.
3) We got about 200 Japanese kids and 100 American Children last night!
4) Yeah, I wear my "This is my Halloween Costume..." T-shirt, LOL!
Heather
Hi Heather!
Holy crap, you had about 300 kids trick or treating???? WOWZA You deserve the award for most kids, I'm positive! We had 2--little tots, friends of ours--and that's it. Randy is enjoying some of the candy this very minute. LOL He loves it when there is candy left after Halloween. Goof.
Post a Comment