This morning we woke up to piles and piles of beautiful snow! It's so pretty outside. We went grocery shopping early and when we pulled into the parking spot at WM, who was right there in front of us loading up the van but Holly (farmscraps) and Tim (Mr. farmscraps) :) If anyone is wondering why you haven't heard from Holly, their computer is on the fritz. Sounds to me like a virus. Eeek. Hope they are able to get it reformatted and back up and running soon.
I hope you had a great week and are expecting good things for the weekend. I've been very productive, but still have a lot to do. Most of the gifts are wrapped, I have made the gift tags, but I still need to add the ribbons and fun stuff and wrap a few more little things I picked up today. Can't get too fancy with the wrapping this year though (I usually go all out--I LOVE wrapping gifts!!!) since we'll be transporting them across the state for our Christmas Eve surprise when we drop in on my folks. I'm getting so excited! :)
This weekend I'll make fruitcake and I think some peanut butter fudge, almond toffee/brittle candy, and maybe another batch of coconut macaroons, depending how the time goes. Wasn't able to find any more paint cans--called all over town with no luck-- so that's a big ol' bummer. My brain is working on a possible plan for subbing large coffee cans and making wire handles, but I haven't actually started on this yet. Hmm. We'll see how that works out--IF it works out.
So---it's only hours away from the weekend...it's December 2...and it's only about 3 weeks from the big day. I hope you are being productive and getting accomplished what you want to do before Santa slides down your chimney!
P.S. HUGE HUGS and get well soon wishes for Jennifer (LyndenJen) who had hernia surgery a couple of hours ago and is now recovering. Get well quick, Jen!! You're in our thoughts and prayers, hon! :)
6 comments:
Did you see the post, or do you have ESP????
Will head out soon to see her....or watch her sleep, is more like it(LOL!!)
As I think I said on one of your other posts--woman, you make me tired just reading about what you do, let alone trying to do it!!!
Am excited for you and your upcoming trip.
katie
Hi Katie
I do have ESP but I saw your post too. LOL! ;) (Also emailed you.)
So excited to go home for Christmas. I went home the first year I moved here, but I moved the week before Thanksgiving, so I had only been gone about a month. That was 6 years ago and I haven't been home for Christmas since then. I can hardly wait!! I always had HUGE doings with everyone at MY house for the holidays every year and I have missed that so much. Can't wait to see mom and dad's faces when we walk in the back door! :)
Your snow sounds beautiful. I love the peaceful feeling a big snow brings. And the quiet of a snowy night. Here in KY, we have very COLD temps--22 degrees with a chill factor of 11 degrees. I took DGS to preschool this morning and BRRRR!!!--IT WAS COLD! We had tiny snowflakes spitting around yesterday--they disappeared before hitting the ground. However, we are predicted to have rain tomorrow and on Sunday, a rain and snow mixed storm. Which could mean anything from a wet and rainy mess to a blizzard. Our winter weather can be quite unpredictable.
I am working thru the 28 boxes of decorations--slowly but surely. We are making candy Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon with family. We will probably spend all of next weekend finishing up our candy making. AAHHH--so much to do , so little time!
Have a GREAT weekend, Shar and all!
Mae
Shar - thanks so much for your post and your thoughts and prayers. I appreciate them - and you!! I am home now - YEA!!! Recover should go pretty well!! Will be good to sleep in my own bed tonight!
Hugz to you
jennifer
HI JEN!!!
YAY! :) So glad you are home where you can sleep in your own cozy bed tonight. {{{HUGS}}} You "sound" great, kiddo!
Don't overdo it, take it slow, and let yourself heal like a good little patient, so you can enjoy Christmas all the more. ;)
LOVE YOU
Mmmwwaahh!!!
Yeah - like I can take it easy. Hubby is way tired. Little ones in bed (yea!!) And 12 yo is saying he doesn't want to go to bed. TOO BAD - I DO!!! So, it's only 9:30 and he usually doesn't fall asleep til 10. Oh well! He is not one happy camper right now. Then - life goes on - doesn't it!!
Thanks for the loves!!
jennifer
Post a Comment