Accordion mini-book inside altered altoids tin. This is the final project, a Christmas gift for my mom. These are my two dd's five of mom's nine great-grandkids. The colors scanned a little funky in some places, it's much prettier IRL. All in all, I love how it turned out and I know my mom will love it. (My first attempt was torn apart and tossed in the garbage! LOL) The mini-book is a semi-scraplift from PaperCrafts mag, Nov. 2004 issue. I used lots of rub-ons, stickers, rubber stamping, and mod podge.



7 comments:
Thanks, Angela. :) I wanted to do something she can carry with her and I think this will be perfect!
Darla!!!! ROFL! Too funny. (thank you ;)
If I hadn't torn up the first attempt and thrown it away, I could have posted that for you. It was butt...not kidding!
How SWEET!! Your mom will love it, what grandmother wouldn't? Next year,you should submit this and the recipe book you made for your daughter for publishing. Do you have a lss--if so, you should show these and ask if they would like you to teach a class next year (in your spare time).
What next?
Mae
BTW-do you have a fav sugar cookie recipe you would like to share with me?
Thank you, Mae. Good ideas! :)
I do have a favorite sugar cookie recipe. Here you go!
Mary’s Sugar Cookies (Betty Crocker)
This is the recipe I’ve used since 1973. It’s a favorite every year. I use prepared vanilla icing to frost them, dividing it and coloring it, depending on the holiday.
1 ½ cups powdered sugar
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ teaspoon almond extract
1 egg
2 ½ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
Granulated or colored sugar
Mix powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, almond extract and egg in large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients except granulated sugar. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Heat oven to 375ºF. Lightly grease cookie sheet.
Divide dough in half. Roll each half 1/4 inch thick on lightly floured surface. Cut into desired shapes. Sprinkle with granulated sugar (omit this if you plan to frost them). Place on cookie sheet.
Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.
Hi Shar -
just wondering if that is a mint tin. i have 4 that i've collected and wanted to make something like this for the grandmothers.
yours are so adorable!
patty g (pdg on CKMB)
http://dididothis.blogspot.com
Patty--
Yes, indeed! These are altoids tins. (saw your other post before this one, so I think you already got your answer. ;)
Pam--
Hey man, I was hoping you'd post. I've been trying to send you email and it keeps coming back. Says your mailbox is full. I even had DarlaLulu post to you on the board. LOL Anyway, get that cleared out, woman, so I can send you an invited to the new digs! ;)
Post a Comment