Friday, January 13, 2006

It's officially the weekend

Yippee. I hope everyone has fun plans for the weekend, whether it be packed with activities or just bumming around the house in your jammies. I love weekends! Not that they are any different for me than any other day being the unemployed loser that I am right now.... LOL but I guess it comes from working for so many years. Friday is still my favorite day of the week because it means the weekend is here. And tomorrow the Seahawks play the Redskins so we'll be fixing munchies--healthy munchies!-and watching the game. GO SEAHAWKS!!! I'm kind of partial to them not only because they are my home team, but my high school football team was also called the Seahawks. That was before we even had a professional football team in Seattle. Ok, so I'm dating myself, but you already know I'm older than rocks so I'm not concerned about spilling any secrets about my age! LOL

I haven't mentioned I started doing the Weight Watchers Flex Plan at home on my own when I got back from Christmas vacation. I always lose weight over the holidays so I figured I would use that 3 lb. loss as a jump start, setting a goal and getting back into exercising. It's going great, I've already met my weight loss goal for the month {YESSSS!} and feeling pumped and motivated to keep going. Being the skinniest kid on the block my whole life, this Honky Tonk Bodonkadonk (and I don't mean a cute itty bitty one by any stretch of the imagination!!!) is getting to me. I mean, I could carry a tray of drinks on that shelf back there, and that ain't a pretty picture, even if you're drinking doubles! This chick is too white for this booty to look good, trust me. But, I'm working on it and feeling better every day. My clothes are already fitting looser too, which is highly motivating! So much so that I even passed by the ICE CREAM at the grocery store today. Oh yeah, you heard me right. My favorite food in the world, and I walked right by. That, my friends, is determination.

On that note, I have a weekend challenge for you. Make it a point to pass up at least one thing that is not good for you and replace it with a good thing. Maybe you have 2 donuts with your coffee every Sunday morning. This Sunday, have just one. Or better yet, none. Eat a piece of toast with jelly instead. Or maybe you have a fast food burger & fries every Saturday. Tomorrow skip the fries and have a salad with your burger, or better yet, skip the burger and have fish or chicken with a salad. Instead of parking next to the door or going through the drive through, park at the other end of the lot and walk that 100 or so yards. Use the stairs instead of the elevator while you're at the mall. Do something good for your body. And if you already live a healthy eating and exercise lifestyle, AWESOME! I challenge you to get a friend who doesn't workout to take that walk with you or meet you at the gym. Share what you've learned and get someone else on the path to healthier living too. :)

HAVE A HEALTHY WEEKEND!!!
Shar

3 comments:

Valerie said...

hey Miss Shar! i as well joined WW last week...mostly because i have no desire to end up back in the hospital because of my back!
Had my first weigh-in last night & surprised myself by losing 3.2lbs!

If you haven't already, try WW's version of Fudgcicles...they're yummy & only 2 points. The Klondyke bars that are sugar-free are super yummy too.

Good luck - keep me posted on your progress!

Shar said...

P.S. Val, email me please. :)

Shar said...

Valerie!
Hi. :) I'm so proud of you for joining and how great to lose 3+ lbs. already. Woohoo!!

My goal for January was 10 lbs, which as I mentioned, I reached this week. Yippee. :) I can't eat sugar free stuff because most of it contains aspartame to which I am allergic....causes me major migraines. I'm not much of a sweets person anyway though, so skipping them is easy for me. If I do want something, I'll just be sure it's within my points. Are you doing the flex plan or whatever the other one is called?

Do keep in touch! We need all the support we can get, right! :)

HUGS
Shar