Sunday, January 29, 2006

I'm so sick of coughing

Bronchitis. Again. I've coughed so much my stomach muscles hurt, my chest aches, and I have a headache. It's that horrible loud barking cough. Yuck. I'm going to the doctor in the morning and hopefully by this time tomorrow will feel a whole lot better. Thankfully I don't have sinusitis with it this time, to not have that at the same time is very rare for me, so when you factor that in, I'm feeling pretty good. Tired from coughing half the night for the past few nights, but otherwise not too bad.

At least I've had energy to scrap a little today. I finished 6 more pages, half what I've been averaging a day, but all things considered, I'm happy I got anything done at all today. I figured up how many pages I've done on this project. With the 6 pages I just completed, that brings the total to 130 pages so far!!!!!!! Holy crap! That's a lot of scrapping!! I have 30 pages more to finish the three girl albums, then I have one boy album to do. That oughta go like a breeze after doing 3 pages at a time for the girls' books. I don't really have a firm deadline, thank goodness, though I hoped to have them all done by the end of February. At this pace, I'll be way ahead of schedule! Oh happiness!!

Wish us luck tomorrow at our doctors' appointments. Me for this lung crap again, and Randy for his broken back. Dang, I just can't get over that. :( After we know more about his condition and if or what treatment to follow, we'll have to have some serious think tank discussions about what he'll do for work. He certainly can't continue his contracting business, but it's all he's ever done.

Say a little prayer for us if you will. We appreciate it very much!!

Shar

2 comments:

Mae said...

Wow--your house sounds like an infirmary! Somehow, I missed that you were sick. I have had bronchitis with asthma too many times and I feel for what you're going thru. Have that Doc give you some good cough medicine. There is nothing worse than day after day of coughing. OUCH!!! And, poor Randy. I hope the Doc gives him some good options for treatment and options for work. It is a scary thing to have to change course work-wise unless you're 30 years old. My DH did that at age 50 at his own choosing and it still wasn't easy. But, you know prayers are going out for the both of you and, we never know what HE has in store for us.

Mae

Shar said...

You aren't kidding, Mae! It's been sicko-central around here for sure. I see the doctor in about 3 hours. Randy is at the chiropractor as we speak. No idea what info he'll be coming home with, but I hope it's something he can live with. At least he realizes he has limitations now, something I've never been able to convince him of--you know, Mr. Macho has no weaknesses--MEN! ;)

I have a feeling I'll be sending out a lot of letters if he has to phase out his construction business. It is definitely a scary thought.

Thanks so much for all the good thoughts and prayers. We are certainly appreciative of them.

HUGS
Shar