OMG, what a nightmare you guys!!
I leave my computer on 24/7. Unless I need to reboot, it's on 100% of the time. But I usually turn off the monitor at night and turn it on each morning. As usual, I did this Sunday morning and NOTHING. Thought maybe I needed to let it warm up or something, let it sit, came back later.......NOTHING! After a couple of hours of thinking it just needed to warm up (I don't know why I thought that, it's never needed it before--wishful thinking, I guess) I unplugged everything and let it sit some more before plugging everything back in and starting over. This went on all day. No dice. Dead monitor. My beloved Dell. The second monitor I've had in only 3 years--this one is less than a year old!!!!!!! I even tried taking the back off my monitor because one guy told me it might be just a burned out fuse (I know now that you are not supposed to do that: it carries power for a LOOONG time after it's been unplugged, so do NOT do this even if you can figure out how to get it off--which I couldn't). No longer on warranty, I started calling all over town (it's a tiny town-only a couple of numbers to call) for a used monitor with no success. Found one in the next town overand Holly took me over to pick it up. Get back home, connection wasn't compatible (????) -- he gave me a 24 hour test period, so another trip to return it the next day.
This morning I decided to give it one more try and plugged it in. Imagine my surprise when it came right back on!! So here I am, back in action. And I do not plan on turning this thing off again so you're stuck with me. LOL
HAPPY DAY! I sure missed you all!!!!
HUGS
Shar :)
6 comments:
Welcome back!! you were certainly missed. I thought something BAD was going on, I mean, it is not like you to disappear. But, thank the heavens everything is ok and you're BAAACK.
Now---get busy and give us some humorous rantings!!!
btw--DARLA ROCKS!!!
Mae
You were missed Shar! Glad it's back on!
Kip
Holy Schnikies!! I was thinking maybe you went on a trip!!! Don't ya just HATE computer problems? I bought the HSN Lexmark (the TSV)printer a couple weeks ago and was having all kinds of problems getting it to be compatible with my Dell pc which is 2.5 years old. Larry finally got it online last night. So far so good. Next I will load Photo Shop Elements and see if I can "stitch".
I am soooo glad you are back, Shar!
Angela--
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR VERY OWN HOME!!!
I'm so happy for you. :) You will have SO MUCH FUN decorating and arranging and making it all you. When I had my own home built, I moved in on December 23--and had the WHOLE family for Christmas that year! It was totally crazy and SO MUCH FUN all at the same time. I know you will have such fun! :)
BIG HUGS
Hi Cindy!
No trips for me...except for the one I nearly took to the loony bin! OMGosh I was sure hell had frozen over or something. Sure missed everyone--HOW BORING it was having nothing to do all day! LOL!!!!!
yippee! i was starting to worry! glad you're back!
Post a Comment