Tuesday, November 15, 2005

If I had followed my own advice...

Once you find the one you like, stick with it. In particular, hair color. I color my hair only a couple of times a year and have only been doing this for the past few years after my daughter convinced me to give it a try. Took a couple of tries at first, but then I found the one I really liked and have used it ever since. It's the perfect shade for me. Last time I picked up hair color, I decided to try a shade lighter. Didn't I just say the other one was perfect?? You don't mess with perfect.

I will be picking up another box of hair color this week when I get groceries.

DON'T MESS WITH PERFECT!

39 days till Christmas

4 comments:

Valerie said...

dearest Shar...
what the hell were you thinking?! ;o) i've done that, too...with the same results! i still think the worst that has ever happened to my follicles was when i decided to get blonde highlights in my then naturally dark brown hair. well, the back of my hair wasn't developing as quickly as the front, so the chick left it in...until i was straw blonde. (and for someone as pale as me, i was AlbinoChick!)..needless to say i made this girl fix it, at no additional cost to me & NEVER went back to her again. then she got offended because i wouldn't tip her!

Shar said...

OMG Valerie!! And she expected a tip.....LOL. Oh dear.

Well, thankfully mine isn't tremendously ugly or anything. I just got a little carried away with the highlights and I really don't like it. At least I won't be horrified to be seen in public. LOL!!!

AlbinoChick....eeek. Not a pretty picture.

Mae said...

ME, TOO!!! I paid a stylist WAY over a #100 to put color on my hair for years (I have ugly brown hair, no shine, mousey, you get the picture.) I had to have a hip replacement several years ago and knew that I would not be able to get baqck in to the stylist to have it done at my next due date. SO, genius that I am, decided that I would pick up a box of color before I went in for surgery and, when it was time to color my hair, I would just do it myself. And, it looked fine--a little too dark so, the next time I used Light Golden Brown---PERFECT! So, now, I am saving myself all of this money and, getting quite cocky. I decided to be brave and picked out a more exciting color--"Caramel"--MISTAKE!!!I am now back to Light Golden Brown and,--hair looks good and I am saving $100's. It must be a woman THANG!!!

We have a cold front coming tonight and severe thunderstorms. There is a very strong possibility of tornadoes across the entire state of KY. Gonna get my long johns out and snuggle up with a good book (and hope we don't lose electricity).

Have a great day, Shar.

Mae

crazydarla said...

ROTFLMBO! You guys are KILLIN' me with your stories! I won't share my worst experiences, however, I found out that if you are med brown colored as I am , and you WANT strawberry blondish highlights you do not use the strawberry blonde kit...you get maroon! What you DO use it the EXACT color hair dye that your hair already IS and it gives you strawberry blondish highlights? WHOD'A ever thought that? LOLOLOLOL

Dar