Christmas gift for my DIL with some of the recipes I've made over the years that are the kids' favorites. I finished this while my computer was down then forgot that I hadn't scanned it. Anyway, the cover is mod podged and the inside pages are all sealed with acrylic spray. I made it to fit in an AOL tin, but it ended up a little too lumpy by the time I finished so the lid won't stay on the tin now, so I made an envelope for it to fit into.
Edited to add: This is not made from a kit. I cut the book from Neenah cover stock and used a corner rounder. Then cut the pages to fit. There are 10 pages, plus front and back covers.
title done with QK Katie Skinny Mini alphabet


5 comments:
Shar---
I love your book. The cover is beautiful and, I know your daughter will treasure it. What a thoughtful gift to a daughter from her mother and one she can pass on to her daughter years from now. GOOD JOB!
Mae
Thank you Mae! She's not yet my DIL by actual law, but she's still one of the family :) so hopefully she'll make some of the recipes a family tradition, as they are some of my stepson's favorites.
She is a talented artist and appreciates how much time goes into a handmade gift so it's a lot of fun making things for her.
that is a darling book Shar and how clever to do the spray on the inside pages!
Kip
That is so adoreable! I am sure she'll love it! GREAT work! Maybe your computer (shhhh) needs to be 'down' more often? LOL JJKING OF COURSE! :OP
how cute is that Shar...I love that paper...I know she'll love it too...
I just wanted to pop in and say HI and that you have a Happy Thanksgiving...
Hugs
Nancy
Post a Comment