Saturday, November 05, 2005

Anybody remember Lunch Lady Land?

An Adam Sandler song. I love Adam Sandler's old SNL skits. Cracks me up. Anyway, the reason it came to mind is this recipe. This is what I fixed for dinner tonight. Simple and oh so delicious! ;) I've been making these since my sister gave me the recipe in 1981. I'm not sure she has even set foot in a kitchen since then come to think of it. Ok, I'm exaggerating. (But only the tiniest little bit!)

Sloppy Joes
1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 can Campbell's Chicken Gumbo Soup
2 tablespoons ketchup
2 tablespoons mustard
2 tablespoons brown sugar
salt & pepper

Brown ground beef with onion and season with salt and pepper. Drain off fat. Add remaining ingredients and simmer, uncovered, about 1 hour or till the liquid cooks off. Serve over hamburger buns.

Makes 8-10 sandwiches

6 comments:

Valerie said...

yep, found the recipe in (of all things) a diabetic cook book. it's yummy!

crazydarla said...

OMG YES! I love Adam S and his music is HYSTERICAL! LOL Love it! Thanks for sharing the recipe, dh is 'partial' to my sloppy joes so I dont' think I'll change it! LOL There are not too many things I make that he really likes! HAHAHAHAHA!

JulesinParadise said...

Shar darling, I came very close to joining the Bench Warmers yesterday...I think it is only a matter of time. Trying to sit on my hands and not respond is difficult but I am going to try. One of us should remain on the mb to defend the rest, lol.

Cindy Marchant said...

Ah, yes. Sloppy Joes are a staple in the lunchrooms of America!!! I should know, I was a "lunch lady" before moving to Washington. And lets not forget about spaghetti or chicken nuggets.

Shar said...

Valerie--
How funny that you found this in a diabetic cookbook!!! (Especially since it calls for brown sugar...hmm.) It's delicious though and I won't make any other kind.

Darla--
I would bet money Ed would love these.

Robin--
THANK YOU! That's exactly what I was hoping someone would post. ROFLMAO!!!!

Shar said...

Jules--
NOOOO!!!! OMG what on earth have you done to tarnish your halo, mama??? Yikes!! I'll keep my fingers crossed "they" don't bench you. HUGS!!!