We take today to honor mothers. Mothers do so much. We are the ultimate multi-taskers. Nobody can do as many things at one time as a mother can--and finish them all successfully!
I was once paid an extraordinary compliment by a man I used to work with and it has stuck with me ever since. I was at my desk transcribing (if you don't know what that is, you listen to a tape through a head set and type what is being said) when he came into my office asking a question about something or other, not realizing I had the headset on. When he saw what I was doing he abruptly stopped talking. I told him to go ahead and finish asking whatever it was. He was amazed that I had already heard everything he'd said while I was also transcribing. He said he should have known I would be on top of it, after all I am a mom. He then went on to say how amazed he is at mothers who always seem to be doing so many things at one time--and doing them all well. It was one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me.
Enjoy your day, and your family if they are with you. Take it easy today. Instead of doing 6 or 7 things at once, cut back to just 3 or 4. ;)
1 comment:
Happy Mother's Day to our Monkey Mother! Thanks for all the multi-tasking you do!
Cut back only do a few today!
Have a great one!
:Jayne
Post a Comment