Sunday, June 04, 2006

Happy birthday to ME!!!

Say hello to Louise. Here she is, in all her shiny redness, for all her nine dollars and twenty five cent-ness.......

What a great birthday! Mom and dad came over, and my sister and her two boys came along too. This is the first time my sis has been to my house (I've lived here 9 1/2 years now!!) so I was excited to take her on the grand tour. She LOVES my scrap studio!! Being the pack rat she is (OMG I can't even begin to tell you) I think she came close to orgasm when she saw all my bins, and baskets, and boxes, and ... well, everything!!! LOL

We visited a bit, shared all my scrapbooks, gave them the travel album....HUGE HIT!! :) YAY! and then went to lunch. Lunch was yum and we had a great time all of us, but the waitress was a complete snot. No matter though. We were having a good time and her snottyness just gave my sister and I more to talk and laugh about....so there, snotty waitress! She's just lucky my sister didn't leave her a booger for a tip. ROFL!

Dad being dad is always in a hurry to get somewhere so he can leave, so our visit was much too short, but it was really nice to see them.
It rained the whole time mom and dad were here so I haven't taken her out for a practice run yet. The minute the rain stopped, about an hour after they left, wouldn't you know, Randy left to go fishing. So, we'll take her out for a test spin another time. I haven't even looked inside yet!!! I'll be cleaning out my other car (the one that has been sitting dead in the driveway for four years now--yes, FOUR years....hanging my head in shame) so Randy and the neighbor can haul her tired old ass to the junk yard. I'll miss her though. She was the first car I bought off the lot all by myself. Sigh. BUT, time marches on and now Louise and I will be crankin' the tunes and tooling around town together like a couple a red hot mamas!!

Ain't she sweet?

8 comments:

Mae said...

yes, Shar, she is SWEET!!!

Aren't Moms & Dads the very BEST!?!?!?!?

Happy Birthday, Doll!

Mae : )

eljay716 said...

oh she is so cute!!!! she looks like she is ready to go go go!! my favorite car was red and still miss her!!!

Happy Birthday Shar, glad your sister came and you had a great birthday.
Linda

Shar said...

Thanks you guys!! I can't wait to get all my own crap in the glove box and make her mine, all mine!! :)

:Jayne said...

She is a cutie! Now we will never see you, you will be on the road!

Happy Birthday!

:Jayne

Shar said...

LOL, Jayne! I'll try to stay home once in a while. ;)

Cindy Marchant said...

Louise looks like a true scrapmobile to me!!! Woo hoo! You will get the hang of the stick in no time and wonder what you were so worried about. Same thing happend to me. We bought our first new car right after Larry and I married and it was a stick. Well I had about 4 hours to learn how to drive it as that was how I was getting to work the next day.

Glad you had such a nice visit with you family, especially your sister and nephews!!! Maybe you can get together more often.

Shar said...

Cindy
Before my old car died, I went home all the time. It's only a 4 hour drive so I'll be going back a lot now that I have a way to get there again. :)

And it's almost summer so what better time to go home! I miss the water SO MUCH!!! Can't wait!

Ruth.E said...

Yes she is sweet Shar, red hot mummas indeed. Enjoy your new wheels.
Ruth