Today the guy finally showed up to tow the car and bike away. They called about 4 p.m. yesterday, after Randy had taken the entire day off work, to say they couldn't make it till this morning. Good grief. He finally shows around 9 and takes the car, no problem. Says he'll be back later in the morning or afternoon to get the bike. Well, ok, but now it's parked in the street and unlicensed or registered so we hope it won't be ticketed, although, at this time the title has been signed over to the wrecking yard. Whatever.
About 5:30 this evening, we get a call from the guy saying he's on his way to get the bike. FINALLY - again. LOL. He shows up, and as I look out the window I see one of the neighbors talking to him and checking out the bike. Then the tow guy leaves. Without the bike. ????? Few minutes later, the doorbell rings and it's the neighbor asking Randy about the bike. Technically it isn't his anymore, and I don't know what he tells the neighbor, but next thing I know Randy tells me he has to leave (Thursday is gun club night) but if/when the tow guy comes back or calls, I didn't see anything and I don't know anything. Hmm. Ok. I didn't and I don't, so no problem there. LOL!! I hear the tow guy again around 6:15 and other than wonder why he didn't take the bike the first time he came by, I just figure GOOD, the bike is finally FINALLY gone! Yay!
Then about 6:30 the guy from the wrecking yard calls and asks if anyone was by asking about buying the bike. This is where I'm glad I don't know anything!!!! I tell him, not to my knowledge and then he says he came by to get the bike and some guy asked him about buying it. He wanted too much for it apparently as the guy told him forget it. Then he got called away to an accident and had to leave. But here's where it gets good....or bad, depending which shoes you are wearing!!!!.... when he came back to get the bike it was stripped...!! Why didn't he come to the door when he was at the house and ask me then? Obviously it wouldn't have made any difference I guess since I didn't see anything or know anything then either, but still. Tow guy tells me he is going to report it (it IS theft, after all) but get this, the neighbor gave him his business name! DUH!!!!! Apparently, he really REALLY stripped it, as in took the sissy bar Randy made, the seat, gas tank, handlebars, tail light....
So now I can't wait for Randy to get home and ask just what the heck he and the neighbor said!! He had just told me he had met the guy at gun club once and then he shows up at the front door. Hope he doesn't end up in jail, but oh my heck.
Stay tuned.........!
(oh P.S. It's been about 5-6 years for the car, not 7. LOL Still a LONG time to be dead in the driveway!)
No comments:
Post a Comment