Monday, July 24, 2006

Love this storage solution for rubber stamps

Thanks to my bud, Cynthia, for sharing her storage idea.

This bag contains 201 wooden blocks that my rubber stamps were mounted on. (I still have 36 left to "un-mount" when I get another pack of jewel cases. ) This represents nearly two full drawers in my rolling cart. When I finish the last few stamps, that will free up those two drawers and will take up no more space in my room by storing them this way.

I had an empty cd box patiently waiting to be utilized and now it is! Look how little space those 200-plus rubber stamps take up by removing them from the wood blocks!!


It doesn't take much to excite me. ;)

7 comments:

:Jayne said...

When are you coming over to do mine? I don't have near that many! So it won't take you long and then we could go to the beach!

:J

Shar said...

LOL, Jayne! The beach sounds so inviting. I'd love to join you.

If you had asked me before I did this how many I had I would have said, not many.....! I really had no idea I owned so many rubber stamps. LOL I think having them stored this way will make it easier for me to use them too. I have three sizes of acrylic blocks to mount them on so I'm good to go now. Woohoo! ;)

Ruth.E said...

excellent idea! I dont have enough stamps to warrant it but I wish I did.
Ruth

Tami Jones-Shumate said...

what a neat idea! you are so great at things like this!

Tami

Mae said...

Looks like a great idea. I don't have over 5 rubber stamps. I have LOTS of clear stamps which are so easy to organize in 3 ring binders. I am not a good enough stamper to use the rubber ones. I need to be able to see exactly where I'm stamping---otherwise, I would be making a great big mess of things! LOL!!!

Mae

Shar said...

Robin
Put them in the microwave (how long depends on your wattage) and it "melts" the adhesive. you can them remove them easily. The whole thing peels off--foam and stamp--in one piece.

Mae
That's sort of the idea with taking them off the wood blocks. I can now use them on acrylic blocks and be able to position them a lot easier. Of course, they aren't clear, but you can still get a better idea of where you're placing them.

Cynthia said...

Yeah, baby! :)