So the kids got here a little after noon. The boys decided to take their guns to the shooting range and we girls decided while they were gone we'd give Louise the once over. I dumped out all the quarters from my piggy bank and Cyndi, Grace and I hopped in Louise, rolled down all the windows so I wasn't killed by all the mold and animal hair in there, and took her to the do-it-yourself power car wash place.
I made sure to have my inhaler just in case, even though the trip is only about 3 whole minutes from my house. LOL. Cyndi used the huge ol' power vac thing and I kept pumping in the quarters. It was 96 degrees today so we nearly melted in the sun cleaning the BLACK interior with the heat beating off the pavement. We got 5 minutes for 3 quarters and Cyndi vacuumed the heck out of it for 35 minutes. Then we buzzed across the street to Safeway and got a bottle of febreez allergy and doused the car with it. It was dry in seconds it was so hot outside. We decided to skip doing the carpet in the trunk as it's nasty gross and has been pretty much destroyed by mold in places, so tomorrow I'll cut the carpet out of there then I'll have Randy cut a piece of plywood to fit over the top of the spare tire and get a new piece of carpet to go over the top of it. Louise looks pretty nice now, I must say.
These pictures look totally posed, but I swear she's really vacuuming! LOL Cyndi was just being goofy for the camera and then we just started cracking up for no reason. We always find fun in whatever we are doing and I really miss having her live close by.Tomorrow, Sunday, is Cyndi & Pat's anniversary. They celebrated tonight by going to dinner and then to see Pirates (we're going to try and take the kids to see it one day this week) so I'm a little bummed we won't see them again before they leave in the morning. Our visits always seem so rushed, but it was still a fun day. Come to think of it, we never even mentioned when they are coming back to pick up Jeffery and Grace, and their bags weigh about half a ton a piece.....hmmm......I wonder if that means we'll never see their parents again? LOL!!!
3 comments:
you got the kids for life! Hahahaha. RUN!!!
LOL, Ruth! I'm not worried. This happens almost every time they come over. Cyndi packs nearly their whole wardrobe to be sure they have enough clothes in case they want to stay when she calls about them coming home. LOL. Jeffery will have to go back for football practice, but Grace may end up staying the rest of the summer, which would be fine with us. :)
I don't think it will break your heart to keep those kiddos til school starts!(or longer!) You are a sweet granny for taking them!
:Jayne
Post a Comment