Thursday, January 11, 2007

POLL

There is no "who cares" choice in this one, so if you can't pick one of the choices, then don't bother responding. ROFL! ;)

Oh, come on now, I was only kidding about not responding if you don't want to choose a) b) or c)! LOL

Who do you believe is telling the truth.....
a) Donald Trump - about Barbara Walters
b) Rosie O'Donnell - about anything
c) Barbara Walters - about Donald Trump

Until yesterday I was actually pretty torn. I thought for sure Barbara was merely saving face for the sake of her show and that The Trumpster was merely putting all the cards on the table. I believed that both of them were telling the truth (Barbara by not saying anything, and Trump that Barbara did tell him what he says she did). But after BW called Trump a "poor, pathetic man" I am now wondering if she has any integrity left. I believe that Trump has been truthful all along, if not a little wacky in his openness about it all. And the letter to Rosie.....there is a reason he put that all in writing. He doesn't do anything without a reason. I used to like Rosie O'Donnell. "Used to" as in before she went ballistic and basically flushed her talk show down the perverbial toilet after blasting Tom Selleck when she agreed not to bring up his NRA affiliation on the air. Even after that, I didn't dislike her completely. Now I simpy cannot stand her. Her mouth is just too much for me to handle. She has no "common sense switch" and basically spews continually. I used to watch The View. It's been several years since I watched regularly, but I did like the show. I don't like Rosie on the View one iota and I think she is the worst thing that ever happened to Barbara Walters. Actually, I don't like Rosie on anything anymore, sadly. I think that BW is caught in the middle, and I think the show is on a fast track to the crapper if ties to Rosie aren't severed immediately. I was appalled that Rosie put Barbara on the spot like she did (which resulted in BW's "poor pathetic man" comment--she really should have just told Rosie she would not comment). Rosie is going to put BW in the hot seat once too often and that, I have no doubt, will seal her doom. After all that, my answer is (a).

So that's my "View" -- what's yours?

6 comments:

Mae said...

I agree with you 100%. I have lost all respect for Barbara Walters too. I don't think Donald Trump is lying about anything. But, I think Barbara is hiding lot. She knows that she said all of those tings to Donald and, I think most of the country believes Donald.

I think The View's days are nimberedd if they keep Rosie around. Sher is just too toxic---angry. Not everyone wants to lidtrn to Rosie's rantings. Rosie seems to spew nastiness from her mouth on a daily basis. Barbara needs to tape Rosie's lips together or send her packing.

Mae

Shar said...

ROFL, Mae, taping her lips shut would definitely be a start. Yes, she is very toxic.

Ruth.E said...

Funnily enough it did not make Aussie news but we have the today show very early here and I saw a little on that. Needless to say I dont know enough to make a decision about who is telling the truth. i do think it is good tv for them both, good ratings, good business sense so does it matter who is telling the truth. Could all be a set up.

Mae said...

Man, I can NOT type anymore!! The typos are really not 100% a result of me not being able to type. I have been biting my nails (a disgusting thing to do) so, at Christmas, DH says, "How about I take you to get some nails put on and after a while, you will get out of the habit of biting your nails?". Sounded like a good idea at the time. And, they are really short as, I really don't like long, fake nails. But, they really are causing me to hit the wrong keys. HOWEVER, there is NO excuse for not proof reading---just pure laziness!

Shar, sorry!!! I will try to do better from this pint on! LOL!!!!

Kip said...

The View's ratings have never been higher and I think that will continue. I love Rosie and have never liked Trump. That continues.

Kip

Shar said...

LOL, Kip! I know the ratings have soared for The View, particularly of late, but I give Trump credit for most of that and I think they will plummet after he decides he's done with this. The ratings for his new show that Rosie said 'tanked', were the highest in that time slot in over a year so I don't know what she was thinking saying that. FYI--I don't watch either show. (The View or The Apprentice.) What I find interesting about the whole situation is the fact that it all started because Trump was compassionate enough to give someone a second chance and Rosie couldn't stand it. Why, of all scenarios to take issue over, was that so abhorrant to Rosie O'Donnell?? She's had plenty of second chances herself so why is it not ok for someone else to be given a second chance? I hope she will (maybe eventually?) realize what she did by starting this whole mess and is able to live with it because it isn't going to go away until Trump decides it is.

If you haven't already heard, there is talk of Rosie leaving The View for another show of her own when her contract with the View ends in Sept. Of course, I won't be sitting on pins and needles watching my local listings for it, but I'm sure there are those out there who will watch if this is, indeed, true. ;)