Yesterday she had her son call. He just graduated high school. I took his number and said I would give it to Christopher. But I did that when he called last September and Christopher hasn't returned the call. He obviously meant it when he said he wants nothing to do with them.
Then last night, late again, but earlier than before, she calls again. Pleasant as could be, nothing like the previous phone call, but again, typical of her. She was drunk. Talked and talked and talked about herself. She has always been starved for attention. Honestly, I feel sorry for her and prayed for her as I went to sleep last night. She married again last year. This makes 6 husbands since Randy that we are aware of. She never said she loves him or that he loves her, minimized the relationship by saying she married him for tax purposes. Told me her son just wants to send a birthday card to Christopher .... which is odd since they've never met or even spoken to each other. Just using her kids again to try and get something she wants.
We talked, well mostly her, for an hour and a half. Her husband is out of town. She had her "first beer in 9 months" -- possible, I guess, considering how sloshed she was. Her mother died from alcoholism at 54. Don't know if her dad is still around, but doubtful as he was also an alcoholic. She and her sisters are all alcoholics and one has deteriorated her pancreas from her drinking. I don't know if I'll even tell Randy about the phone call.
Anyway. Now I just feel sorry for her.
3 comments:
I would say let it go. Honestly, don't let those worthless people who mean nothing to you ruin a good day. I realize they are ruining some good sleep - lol - but honestly, my feeling is to just let it go - you don't need that crap in your life!
Darla
Well, I'm not holding onto anything to let go of. LOL. I realize after last night though how much more pathetic her life has gotten as the years go by, and truly, I do feel sorry for her. Maybe sorry isn't right....maybe I pity her. I'm not really sure. She is still alive and can change the cycle if she really wants to, but I don't see it happening. Anyway, I won't answer the phone late at night anymore. If it's the kids with an emergency, they'll leave a message I can screen or call my cell.
She does sound very pitiful. Sad what alcohol can do to some people. Yes, she could still turn it all around but I would say it's doubtful she ever would at this stage of her life. But you never know. First you have to really want to.
Cindy/WAgal
Post a Comment