Yesterday we went to Moses Lake so I could check the WalMart there and Randy could go to the bank. On the way home we got stopped. Coming up the hill doing about 25, only one street away from home, Randy pulls over and says, "he's after ME". Well, I haven't a clue what he's talking about or why he pulled over and stopped as I can't see out the mirrors from the passenger seat. Until here sauntering up to Randy's window comes Mr. Ephrata Police Officer. Crap.
Cop asks for Randy's license, then says, you don't even know why I stopped you, do you? Randy replies, no, I sure don't. Get this........SEATBELT!!!!! I have hounded Randy for 20 years about wearing his seatbelt, and he has never worn it. I finally gave up. He has always insisted the Ephrata cops won't stop him for that and I have told him time and again his time will come. HA! Now he knows!!! Cop goes to run Randy's WDL and I'm freaking because I just paid the stupid insurance and can't find the cards. Oh great. The new insurance cards were still on my desk--I totally forgot to put them in the car. Oh shit. Well, cop comes back and says since Randy has no violations--which we knew--he would give him only a warning. Then he said for those two violations the ticket would have been $600! Gulp. Thank God it was only a warning with property taxes and income taxes coming up next month!!! Needless to say, I immediately put the new insurance cards in the car the minute we got home. Whew.
But THEN, Randy tells me he has been stopped before for the seatbelt thing !!!??!!! and didn't get a ticket then either. WHAT THE...??? Ugh. He does not learn lessons, apparently. I am most definitely back to reminding him to put his seatbelt on, and if he refuses and gets stopped again, I will not be pleasant to live with. Good grief.
2 comments:
I am die hard about seatbelts and my car does not move unless everyone is belted and kids are in appropriate car seats. Also a lot of people like to put the shoulder belt BEHIND their backs.....UGH! I could tell a gross story, but I will just say I like MY head attatched to MY shoulders. Get what I am saying?
Maybe Randy NEEDS to get fined $600 and he'll knock this crap off!
Dar
Yes, it is a law after all, and if he's been stopped before and still didn't get the message, maybe he does need a ticket! As much as I disagree with it being law, it IS law, so he should just wear the damn thing.
Post a Comment