Well, it took all week but Randy finally finished removing two layers of old roofing, patched all the areas that were questionable (we've never had any leaks) and last night finished putting down the tar paper about 9 p.m. in the dark. He had help with that for the last couple of hours, thank goodness, or he'd have been out there till midnight. I heard their staple guns in my sleep, I swear! He insisted the weather report forecast rain for last night and I told him he was full of it as I was still seeing 0% chance of precip as of yesterday afternoon.
So we woke up to RAIN RAIN RAIN this morning! Wouldn't you know it.
The boom truck is supposed to be here in about 15-20 minutes to deliver the shingles to the roof and Randy's helper will be here shortly to help put the shingles on. It's going to be a long day. The phone has been ringing off the wall for the past 3 days because people have gotten wind Randy's home. Do they not understand he is on the roof and can't stop every 5 minutes to answer the blankity-blank phone!?? And they wonder why he refuses to own a cell phone.
No comments:
Post a Comment