Couple of weeks ago I had a doctor's appointment. Just to renew my prescriptions for another year, nothing major. Mostly I need the Singulair for asthma, and of course, my inhalers for emergency, but also the meds for fibromyalgia. This time he made some changes though. I have been on amitriptyline for the fibro for a couple of years and it has been great for that, as well as for depression. In addition to helping with the pain, it also helps me sleep, which is always a problem with fibro. Anyway, he also attributes my weight gain in large part to the amitriptyline, but also years of stress that caught up with me after my gram died. So he halfed the dose of amitrip, which I can take if I want to, or not. I've been not taking it at all just to see how it would go. For the depression, he put me on prozac. So far I love it! It's been even better than the amitrip for that and I feel so much more like my goofy self that I didn't realize had been gone for so long!!! YAY!
Well, it didn't take long to find out how going without the amitrip would be. Sleeping has been just ok, but the pain is back and I'm not sure what I want to do about that yet. Today I'm back to taking Aleve and I'll see how that goes for the next couple of weeks before I go back to the doc for follow up. Mostly it's my hips, which get really sore from sleeping. Then it hurts to walk, to stand, to sit....well, it just hurts. But all of that is then a Catch 22 because I can't work out due to the pain, and if I don't work out, my weight keeps going up, and the more weight makes the fibro worse. UGH!
Do you ever sometimes wonder what you did in another life that you are having to pay for in this one? LOL!!! Seriously, though, I shouldn't complain. I know others who have it so much worse than I do. I am grateful for all my good days as I know I have a lot more of them than some people.
HUGS
Shar
4 comments:
I must have been a very naughty girl in my past lives! I HOPE I enjoyed it. LOL
Mae
LOL, Mae!! I wonder if we were hypnotized if we could remember some of the fun stuff that got us here, huh? LOL!!!
I hope that your good days soon outnumber the bad and you are your silly giddy self all the time!!!!
XOXO
:O) Dar
Hi Shar!!!! It's been a long time. I just started on the amitrip. One pill knocked me out for hours and hours and I felt so groggy the next day. I tried it for a few days and then cut myself back to 1/2 a pill. A lot better, but I still have the pain. I really need to learn not to overdo it when I feel good.
Hugs!!!!!
Post a Comment