Woke up late this morning. No surprise after running ragged all over the internet the past couple of days. That's hard work, believe it or not! Sky looks like rain, it's what has been predicted for today's weather. The grass could use it for sure and I'll be inside sewing so I don't mind. :)
Anybody play any good April Fool's jokes today?? I need to come up with a good one for Randy when he gets home from work. Please post some ideas for me!!
So I unload the dishwasher yesterday and GROSS the dishes were dirtier than when they went in! I've been telling the Randster for the past couple of years we need a new dishwasher. This one was here when he bought the house about 10 years ago and who knows how long it was here before. Thank goodness he finally realizes it will have to be replaced. Problem is, with income taxes AND property taxes this month, I'll have to wait a couple more months, but I think I can handle that.
Speaking of replacing the big ticket household items, is it just guys who don't see the need for this?? The dishwasher has been an ongoing complaint for a couple of years, as I mentioned, but it's not just that. The furniture has HOLES in it and he doesn't feel we need to replace it "yet"??? What's that about?! Our dining room table--that thing is HUGE--we've had it for 20 years and we do NOT NEED a huge table anymore, the kids are grown and gone years ago! And no, there are no leaves, it's just a big honkin' table that takes up the whole dining area. Not to mention, HE EATS IN HIS RECLINER! But he won't let me replace it with a smaller one. The chairs are another story altogether. He bought them at an auction. They are doctor's office waiting room chairs. They ALL have arms. All six of them. They are over 15 years old now and are "broke" down in the center. Why do men get attached to things like that?? Things they don't even use!?
And his truck.....well, don't even get me started on that. 1986. Need I say more?
Have a great Saturday peeps. Think of me slaving at the sink while you're out enjoying the day. LOL
2 comments:
So, we live in the same house? We're working on our first floor now. UGH! Our house is at that age in life where it seems so much needs replacing all at once. Men, they are mostly cut from the same mold. My DH's famous answer is..."we'll see"...then something falls apart and we are in a quick sprint to Lowe's to replace it. Yep, it's a male thing.
Mae
Oh men! LOL They think they are the Martha Stuarts' of the home and boy are they mistaken! LOL My dh and I worked on hanging pix in the house yesterday (finally) but I have that 'fancy' front living room that I want to keep clutter free and very, clean, simple, and specific color decor...dh wants to hang every picture we own IN THAT ONE ROOM and it made me nuts! oye! However, I just found some prints to match one that we have had for years so hopefully we can buy a few and stick with that theme!!!
Post a Comment